Most Precious Blood parish was founded in 1930 as the second parish to be carved out of the original parish boundaries of Holy Rosary parish (the first being Sacred Heart church nearly two decades earlier).
The first church building was a simple wood structure built on land donated by local farmer, Ralph Huether. As the original congregation was predominately of Italian origin and ancestry, the parish was entrusted to the spiritual care of the Precious Blood Fathers—a religious congregation founded in the early 1800s in Rome, Italy. The Precious Blood Fathers continued to serve the parish faithfully from the time of its formation until the mid-1980s when the spiritual care of the parish was handed over to Diocesan priests. Among the list of Pastors, perhaps the most famous was Fr. Sebastian Contegiacomo CPPS, who shepherded the parish for 37 years. The nearby “Sebastian Park” is named after this much beloved priest.
On 1970, the parish consecrated a new church building, constructed in a then-contemporary style. This second building was the home of the parish until its closure in 2008. The parish campus also included a new rectory, convent and school building.
For historic images of Most Precious Blood church, click HERE.